This two-day instructor-led class equips students to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform, using proven design patterns and the principles of Google Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure course and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course.
Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn to design GCP deployments that are highly reliable and secure; and how to operate GCP deployments in a highly available and cost-effective manner.
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Systems Operations professionals, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
- Design for high availability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Assess tradeoffs and make sound choices among Google Cloud Platform products.
- Integrate on-premises and cloud resources.
- Identify ways to optimize resources and minimize cost.
- Implement processes that minimize downtime, such as monitoring and alarming, unit and integration testing, production resilience testing, and incident post-mortem analysis.
- Implement policies that minimize security risks, such as auditing, separation of duties and least privilege.
- Implement technologies and processes that assure business continuity in the event of a disaster.