Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (AD183) exposes experienced Java Standard Edition (Java SE) developers to the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.
In this course, you will learn about the various specifications that make up Java EE. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line application into a multi-tiered enterprise application using various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, Java Messaging Service, JAX-RS for REST services, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI), and JAAS for securing the application.
This course is designed for Java developers who want to learn more about the specifications that comprise the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to describe most of the specifications in Java EE 7 and create a component with each specification. You will be able to convert a Java SE program into a multi-tiered Java EE application. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Describe the architecture of multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Package Java EE applications and deploy to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with various tools.
- Create an Enterprise Java Bean instance.
- Manage the persistence of data using Java Persistence API.
- Create a web service using JAX-RS.
- Properly apply context scopes to beans and inject resources into Java Beans.
- Store and retrieve messages using the Java Messaging Service.
- Secure a Java EE application.