This course uses lectures, demos, and hands-on labs to teach you about a variety of Google Cloud security controls and techniques. You’ll explore the components of Google Cloud and deploy a secure solution on the platform. You’ll also learn how to mitigate attacks at several points in a Google Cloud-based infrastructure, including distributed denial-of-service attacks, phishing attacks, and threats involving content classification and use.
This class is intended for the following job roles:
- Cloud information security analysts, architects, and engineers.
- Information security/cybersecurity specialists.
- Cloud infrastructure architects.
- Additionally, the course is intended for Google and partner field personnel who work with customers in those job roles.
- The course should also be useful to developers of cloud applications.
- Understanding the Google approach to security Managing administrative identities using Cloud Identity.
- Implementing least privilege administrative access using Google Resource Manager, Cloud IAM.
- Implementing IP traffic controls using VPC firewalls and Google Cloud Armor.
- Implementing Identity-Aware Proxy.
- Analyzing changes to the configuration or metadata of resources with Cloud audit logs.
- Securing a Kubernetes environment.
- Scanning for and redacting sensitive data with the Cloud Data Loss Prevention API.
- Scanning a Google Cloud deployment with Forseti.
- Mitigating important types of vulnerabilities, especially in public access to data and VMs.