This is a three-day course that will teach students how to automate administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.1. Students will learn core scripting skills such as creating advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and handling script errors. Students will learn how to works with Windows PowerShell Workflow, the REST API and XML and JSON formatted data files, Students will also learn how to use new administration tools such Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Students should have a foundational knowledge of Windows PowerShell, which they can obtain by taking course MS-10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell.
In addition, this course provides scripting guidance for developers who support development environments and deployment processes.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create advanced functions.
- Use Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell.
- Write controller scripts.
- Handle script errors.
- Use XML, JSON, and custom formatted data.
- Enhance server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration.
- Analyze and debug scripts
- Understand Windows PowerShell workflow.