This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows 7 computers. You will also discuss the features of Windows 7 SP1. Through practical labs, you’ll get invaluable experience with installation and upgrades, remote access, and the new desktop environment. You will learn how Windows 7 allows for vast improvements to security, overall system performance, and deployment-a robust combination unparalleled in the market.
In this Windows 7 training course, you’ll focus on successful configuration of the IT Pro tools and applications that ship with Windows 7. You will learn to identify technical problems that can occur on your organization’s client computers, and you’ll discover the Windows 7 tools used to monitor and maintain those computers. By the end of this course, you will have installed and configured a Windows 7 desktop that is secure and on the network, while focusing on five main troubleshooting areas: operating system, hardware, networking, security, and applications.
This course is intended for Experienced enterprise-level IT professionals who focus on a broad range of desktop operating system, desktop application, networking, and hardware support issues, who have experience with Windows server operating systems, and whose jobs require them to stay knowledgeable and skilled on new versions and technology updates as defined by the business environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- How to use the various installation types and upgrade paths available
- Configure and manage the Windows 7 desktop
- Add a Windows 7 desktop to an active IPV4/IPV6 network
- Configure Windows 7 for an Active Directory environment and the new Group Policy settings
- Configure the Windows 7 Administration tools and applications
- Understand the Windows 7 remote capabilities and utilities
- Understand how to use Windows Firewall with Advanced Features and network profiles
- Configure Windows 7 remote access and remote capabilities
- Understand how to use the Windows 7 Mobility Center to manage mobile Windows 7 machines
- Secure the Windows 7 desktop
- Configure and use the User account control in various network profiles
- Configure Windows 7 third-party applications with Standard User Analyzer and the Application Compatibility toolkit
- Monitor and troubleshoot Windows 7 computers for problems with the operating system, hardware, network security, and applications