This four-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to leverage Microsoft Windows PowerShell v2 to administer their Windows environment. Both the command line environment and the scripting capabilities inherent in Microsoft’s automation engine are addressed during this hands-on course.
This course is intended for systems administrators responsible for managing Windows platforms who are interested in automating administrative tasks.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure PowerShell v2 on various Windows operating systems
- Navigate the command line interface as well as the integrated scripting environment
- Leverage cmdlets to accomplish daily management tasks
- Format information returned by PowerShell v2 in a variety of styles
- Create PowerShell v2 scripts to automate routine tasks
- Manage multiple systems concurrently though PowerShell v2 remoting
- Understand the security capabilities within PowerShell v2 and how to manage them
- Enhance the management of other Microsoft products by using the skills and general knowledge covered in this course