This one-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to navigate Windows 7 and perform end-user level tasks. The course focuses on extrapolating the three design enhancements of Windows 7: usability, security, and manageability, with emphasis on exploring the new graphical user interface, and new features.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have supported previous versions of Windows desktop operating systems and performed duties such as end-user support and desktop troubleshooting. The intended audience also includes information workers who use the Windows desktop operating system in an end-user capacity. This course is also intended as a high-level overview of the Windows 7 operating system for business executives and decision-makers.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate and customize the user interface.
- Explain as well as configure User Account Control.
- Describe and configure Backup and Recovery options.
- Manipulate new file system features, such as Libraries.
- Describe built-in security functionality like Windows Defender.
- Explain the usability and security features of Internet Explorer 9.
- Describe the Network and Sharing Center as well as options for network troubleshooting.
- Summarize new interface features and enhancements, like Start Menu Search and Troubleshooting.
- Understand the benefits and requirements of new technologies such as DirectAccess and AppLocker.