This instructor-led course is designed to take a person from the very beginning of MDX queries to journeyman. The first chapters (1-4) get you well-grounded, then from there we expand out. You won’t know how to do every MDX query. You won’t look at every function. But you will understand the patterns, and from them you can examine examples and build on them to code your own sophisticated queries.
Queries such as:
- What are the top 5 customers by country over the last 8 quarters?
- What is our reorder point based on inventory levels?
- What are our best customers in terms of volume and gross profit?
- What effect does shipping cost have on profitability on a geographical distribution?
- How do we calculate the Year to Date value?
- How do we do Year-over-Year growth?
- When looking at manufacturing how do we account only for workdays?
If the past is any indicator of the future then this course will be attended mainly by SQL Professionals, Microsoft Analysis Service cube and report developers and Business Intelligence Professionals coming from competing platforms. But you do not need those skills. The course was not written assuming those skills.
Why this course may be for you:
- Your company is moving or implementing Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- Your organization is implementing Department Business Intelligence with a Data Mart.
- You want to develop a skillset in high demand.
- The current reports from the cubes do not provide the answers.
- Your organization wants you to get grounding in MDX so you can build out advanced analytics.
In the parlance of my beloved Marine Corp, you will go from raw recruit to Marine Rifleman. (God bless the Marines!) Or in the business world you will be at a mid-level of competence in MDX. You should be able with practice to get to expert on your own with experience. Yes Bunkie, you have to work!